The rules of our service
Terms and Conditions
We’re here to provide the best service possible. It’s important you understand the terms and conditions of our service so you can get the most out of it.
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health, peak performance and individual care. Nutritional therapy practitioners use a wide range of tools to assess and identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. This approach allows them to work with individuals to address nutritional balance and help support the body towards maintaining health. Nutritional therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Practitioners consider each individual to be unique and recommend personalised nutrition and lifestyle programmes rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach. Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with ‘red flag’ signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client’s care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy you receive may vary between clients with similar health problems and those following a similar Nutritional Therapy programme
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties
- Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat, medical conditions
- Your Nutritional Therapist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme and may receive a commission on these products or services
- Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the CNHC Code of Conduct. This document only covers the practice of Nutritional Therapy within this consultation, and your practitioner will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary.
The client understand and agree’s
- Biospan’s nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- I am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
- If I am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, I should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by my nutritional therapist. This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme and meal plans.
- It is important that I tell my nutritional therapist about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements I am taking as this may affect the nutritional programme and meal plan.
- If I am unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy programme/food supplement doses/time period, I should contact my nutritional therapist promptly for clarification.
- I must contact my Biospan nutritional therapist should I wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- I understand that the advice is personal to me and may not be appropriate for others.
- The nutritional intake questionnaire must be completed 72 hours before the time of the appointment. Clearing your browser cache or cookies will make you lose your progress in your questionnaire. The questionnaire must be completed to your fullest ability to receive the maximum benefits of our service.
- Recording your Biospan consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission of the Nutritional Therapist.
- All appointments take place online, and a poor internet connection may result in an unsatisfactory experience. This will not be refunded, however, we may give you a discount to book an additional appointment.
- All payments are taken online before each appointment.
- Appointments can be booked online by yourself, during a phone call with a Biospan team member, or during a consultation with a nutritional therapist. You will receive reminders to your signup email and phone number.
- If you arrive late to an appointment, the time dedicated to your case will be reduced e.g. if you arrive 15 minutes late to an hour-appointment, your remaining time will be 45 minutes.
- Cancellations – Cancellations within 24 hours of the appointment will be charged at full price
- Our chatbot messaging service may not be available at all times and is not a replacement for emergency situations. Our chatbot service is not a replacement for nutritional therapy appointments and you may be asked to schedule an appointment if the conversation goes beyond the scope of what the operator deems as necessary.
- Please note, we work with external companies to provide supplements and biomarker tests. We are not responsible for adverse reactions, the delivery service, and/or results from tests.
- Follow up appointments are charged at £250 per hour e.g. a 1 hour appointment is £250.
- All documents and resources are stored securely inside the Biospan platform and/or using 3rd party integrations. Your data is secure and is not shared with 3rd party companies unless you agree to (e.g. purchasing supplements and/or biomarker tests). If you wish to find out more or have any questions, please contact [email protected]
- If you are unsatisfied with our service, we will refund you the cost of your package or appointment within 30 days of the purchased date.
- Biomarker tests and supplements are not included in the guarantee and will not be refunded.
- The 30 Day Money Back Guarantee is voided if the client fails to turn up to appointments and/or cancels an appointment within 24 hours of the scheduled time.
- The 30 Day Money Back Guarantee applies to new customers only.
- Biospan reserves the right to make changes to our terms and conditions at any point.
- The Biospan website, trademark, branding, logo, and content is all the copyright and intellectual property of Biospan Limited
- We may at any time terminate any account shall we deem necessary under the discretion of Biospan.
- We may discontinue a service or discontinue serving users and customers chosen by Biospan at any point under the discretion of Biospan.
- Content produced by Biospan should not be treated as medical advice.
- Biospan is not liable for the outcomes of any nutritional or health advice from all content. Advice from Biospan should not replace professional medical advice from a registered physician.